Saturday, May 21, 2011

Old recipe redone......

Yesterday I was on the Healthy Cheap blog and they had chicken Marsala redone recipe so I bought some chicken and mushrooms and went to town.  I didn't have any Marsala so I used a white wine for the sauce and chicken broth.  It was awesome.  I caramelized onions without the sugar and they just added another great flavor to the dish.  Instead of serving pasta (which is what I love with this chicken) I boiled cauliflower and made moch mashed potatoes with a little Mexican creama, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  This was the perfect side to the chicken and I never missed the pasta.  I am not positive of the calorie factor but I know that my serving was under 300 calories and I am loving that.  See we banders can still eat gourmet (or in my case something like it). 

Tomorrow is weigh in day......not sure this week will be as pretty as last week, but the big loss last week was due to the fill. 

The gym isn't calling me yet, but my mind knows that the gym is the best which kinda makes me want to go.....I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but we take what we can get.

Until next time .........

No comments:

Post a Comment