Monday, June 20, 2011

Questions

I have never done one of these but I think this could be fun and informative.  Let's see......

Dinnerland put a survey out yesterday and I'm just now getting around to answering it. Loving all the responses I'm seeing out there in blogland and decided I'd get in on the fun!
  • What would you say is the most important lesson or lessons you've learned about eating since you've been banded, and how has this contributed to your weight loss?
    I have been in nursing now for a long time and the one thing I have been taught was that if you dnt eat now and fast you wont get anything.  Learning to slow down has been hard for me and I havent
  •  
  • How are you sustaining your motivation to continue forward?
  • Seeing highschool pictures of myself and rememebering how fat I thought I was and knowing now that I wasnt that big or unhealthy.  I want to get back there. 
  • If you've experienced any discouraging set back moments, how did you deal with them, how long did they take to pass-- and what sort of specific strategies might you suggest that could work?
    I dont think I have had the band yet to have any major setbacks, but there was a week where I didnt lose any weight and then I began to think what have you done to yourself and doubting my resolve abou the band.  I just had to remind myself that I havent been this small since collage and I feel better now than I have in years and that tomorrow is a new day.
  • Have you ever worried about being a complete failure at the band, and then gotten over that worry-- if so: did you tell yourself certain things that helped or do certain activities that reassured you?
    Oh yes.  As I have said I havent had the band long but doubt creeps in and if you let it it will stay and take over.  You have to find the reason, the main big reason why you spent long hours researching and spent all the money time and effort into figuring out why you did this and that my friend will keep you afloat when you feel like you hear the theme music to the Titanic.
  • What is the proudest accomplishment you've made relative to your band journey thus far?
    Hearing my coworkers and friends and relatives tell me that I look great and knowing they mean it.
  • What are you looking forward to doing next in your journey?
    Getting into smaller and smaller clothes......I cant wait.
  • Where do you see yourself 1 year from now and how are you planning to get yourself there?
    I see myself past my first big goal and hopefully looking at plastic surgery, so that my outside matches the inside.  Being healthy!
  • What sort of goal setting do you do in general, and how do you motivate yourself to keep going towards those goals?
    Right now I have a ten pound a month goal set for myself.  I know in the begining it is easy to set and most of the time keep these goals, but I know I have to keep moving forward and forgive myself when I mess up.  Motivation is seeing myself small in my mind and knowing I can do it.
  • What is the most difficult thing about having the band and what makes it worth it anyway?
    I love good tasting food and I hate to waste so when it comes to finsihing my food it is hard for me not to.  What makes it worth it, is knowing that I will still be able to have good tasting food and with left overs maybe have it agian soon.
  • Given the choice, would you be too tight or too loose and why? How would you handle either situation if you couldn't get in to your doctor for 4 weeks?
    Too loose for sure.  Being too tight would be hell.  Being to loose I can push myself harder to keep up with healthy eating.
  • What are your 3 to 5 'desert island band foods'-- things you WOULD NOT/ could not/ don't want to live without? What do you eat virtually every day and why?
    Things I don't want to live without easy.... mayo, cheese, chocolate, chicken.  Everyday I have some form of chicken weather its eggs or breast, I have chicken.
     
  • How many meals do you generally eat per day and at what times?
    Breakfest if I am working is at 6-730am with a shake at 530-600am for my drive in to work.  Lunch isnt til aound 1pm with a snack of something crunchy around 530pm.  A protien shake on the way to the gym around 720pm and then a light dinner around 930.  Then vitamins and supplements before bed at 10pm.
  • Do you exercise, and if so, about how much? Do you think exercise has been pivotal to your weight loss?
    I do exercise at least three times a week usually more.  I go to Anytime Fitness and do 30-45 mins of cardio on the elliptical and then weight machines for 30 mins.  On my days off I try to do more.  I hate to excercise as we all do, but I feel it has help tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment